Sunday, May 1, 2011

New Pencil Holder



I wanted to make a pencil holder for some of the pencils that I carry with me, I don't like to leave these loose in my other bags, cause they get the carbon and lead all over the other pens. I sewed two scrap pieces of my painted canvas together, stitched the sections and added a leather cord and a favorite red button. I love to sew with the painted canvas because it does not fray.

So, I don't turn any of the edges under and it's very study. I will let you know if it actually functions, I keep putting more and more art stuff in my "purse".








4 comments:

  1. I love it!
    Very creative & clever.
    What a happy place for pencils. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea.. you won't lose it with those bright colors, either. And no need to finish the edges.. better yet. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fun colors, funky textures, and functionality of this piece! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pencil case...great idea!!! I've been checking out your other posts...you are a talented artist...love all the bright patterns, colors and stencils I've seen.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete