Friday, September 4, 2009

Painted folders for Journalfest

I am making these folders for my classes at Journalfest. I
am painting sheets of heavy paper that I will fold into folders to to handout the instructions for the class.
First, I randomly paint colors on a sheet of paper with acrylic paints, I use
large cheap paint brushes or cosmetic sponges

Some sheets drying in the sun. I also like to sribble with crayons.

Then I start to layer more paint with stencils. This sheet of paper started life as my table cover, then I stenciled on top of that.

More layers with rubber stamps.

Instead of using a bone folder to fold the paper in half I used a large chunky crayon.
This make a nice colored edge.



More folders.










5 comments:

  1. wow. i wish i were going to journalfest this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. drool...these are fantastic!! i wish i was going to be in your class at journalfest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am sitting here drooling, wishing, longing for the day I can go to journalfest..... yummy, yummy.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! I'm so excited--I'll be in your class Saturday!! Can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The idea of using a colour stick of some kind instead of a folder as a method of introducing more/another colour is very nice. I'm not taking your class at JournalFest, but a friend is, and I can't wait to hear about her experience. I'll be off with Doris Arndt carving book board that day!

    ReplyDelete